Chocolate ganache can be used as a filling, frosting or glaze. It can also be used as a chocolate truffle base, truffle filling or a filling in a tart. Because this recipe has only 3 ingredients, use good quality chocolate. Ganache is a staple in every Pastry Chefs kitchen!
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups (16 ounces)
- Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate has softened.
- Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth and add the room temperature butter. Whisk until butter is melted and incorporated.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ganache and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours. Use immediately if glazing.