The double chocolate chip cookie is a cookie for chocolate lovers. The perfect way to end a long work week is with a rich, decadent double chocolate cookie and an ice cold glass of milk. There is no better way to unwind from a hectic week and start your relaxing weekend.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups Cocoa Natural, non-alkalized
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Room temperature
- 2/3 Cup Granulated sugar
- 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs Whole
- 1-1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cups Walnuts Lightly toasted and chopped
- Yield: 4 cups (45 ounces) (30-32 cookies Servings)
- Course: Dessert
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease baking sheet if not using parchment.
- On a separate baking sheet, place walnuts and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix on low speed until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons (1 to 1-1/2 ounces) cookie dough and form into balls. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 3-inches between cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cookies will puff up and centers will still be soft. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing and serving.