Use the Cake Boss Cake Pop Pan to create mini, bite-sized versions of your favorite cake recipe. Switch up the flavors and colors for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, or to simply make someone smile.
- Course: Dessert
- Fill cake pop pan 2/3 full with your favorite cake batter and bake per recipe instructions.
- Once cake pops are cooled, remove them from pan and trip “bellies” with serrated knife.
- Dip cake pop stick into white melted coating chocolate and insert stick into the trimmed side of the cake pop. Wait 5-10 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Dip the entire cake pop into the white coating chocolate. Spin the cake pop while submerged in chocolate to get an even coating.
- Remove cake pop from chocolate and gently tap the top of the stick near the cake pop at an angle to allow excess coating chocolate to drip off.
- Place cake pop in a Styrofoam mold to dry, about 15 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a coupler and #4 plain tip with black frosting.
- Working in 4 batches, roll out a 4 ounce piece of white fondant to 1/8” thickness, about 1 1/2 pounds total. With Cake Boss circle cutters, cut out 6 of the largest circles and drape over the top of the cake pop forming loose ruffles at the bottoms of the fondant circle once draped over pop.
- Pipe two small dots for the eyes and one oval for the mouth.
Tip: keep covered in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.