Chocolate, banana, butterscotch and bourbon. This is a very simple recipe that will impress your guests. Quick and easy to put together but will plate up so beautifully and the flavors combined will have your guests begging for more.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease or butter a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and milk to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk the hot cream into the egg mixture, then whisk in the chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Place cubed bread and cut banana in a large bowl, pour half of the chocolate custard mixture over the bread and toss until all bread has absorbed custard.
- Divide bread mixture between the 12 cup muffin pan, about 0.33 cup each.
- Pour remaining custard base over the tops each bread pudding until it reaches the top of each muffin compartment.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from cupcake pan.
Related Recipe: Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce