Better than a traditional pumpkin pie. The rich silkiness of cheesecake and the buttery crunch of the pretzel crust, this is sure to make an appearance year after year at you holiday table. Top with sweetened whipped cream fresh on the side.
- Pretzel Crust:
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pretzel Crust: In a medium bowl, mix pretzel crumbs, brown sugar, salt and butter until all ingredients are combined and moistened.
- Divide between 8 – 4” mini spring form pans that have been buttered; about a heaping 0.33 cup.
- Press crust firmly into the bottom of each pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 12-13 minutes.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling: In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and brown sugar on low speed until smooth; scraping down bowl and paddle well during mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time; scraping down the bowl and paddle between each addition of each egg.
- Add pumpkin puree, sour cream, sifted spices, salt and vanilla. Mix just until incorporated.
- Divide filling between 8 mini spring form pans, about 1 cup of filling in each, and gently smooth the tops.
- Place pans on a baking sheet, bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, until centers are almost set but still jiggle. Remove from oven and allow to cool slowly at room temperate. Be sure to cool completely at room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Remove from spring form pans before enjoying.
Yields one 9-inch spring form pan
Serves 8-10 slices
- 1 recipe pretzel crust
- 1 recipe pumpkin cheese cake filling
- Follow the above directions.
- Bake filling at 300 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until center is almost set but still jiggles in the middle.