These peanut butter and jelly brownies are equal parts nostalgic and delicious. Slice them into squares and nestle them into the lunchbox of someone you love for the perfect mid-day treat!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) slated butter melted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Course: Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour Cake Boss Deluxe Bakeware 9-inch square cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and melted butter. Stir in sugar until combined. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in vanilla. Fold in flour JUST until you no longer see flour streaks in the batter. Spread in prepared pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat peanut butter for 10 seconds. Stir. Spoon peanut butter over brownies. Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake brownies for 15 – 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs (but no raw batter). Set aside.
- Prepare strawberry jelly frosting: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in milk, powdered sugar, and jelly. Continue to whisk over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for one minute, then remove from heat and pour over brownies.
- Let brownies cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe Author: Kristan Roland is a stay at home mom and housewife, living, baking and blogging in Fort Smith, Arkansas. You can find her at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen where she shares her love of sweets and family, always using herself as the prime example that even the most imperfect people are capable of producing fabulous things in the kitchen!