- Yield: 11 ounce pie rounds (2 nine inch pie rounds for one double crusted pie) (1 double crusted pie Servings)
- Cut butter into small quarter inch cubes, separate on a cookie sheet and place in freezer.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix on low just to distribute ingredients.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Butter pieces should be no larger than small pea size.
- Add the ice water and mix on low speed just until the dough pulls together.
- Turn the dough out onto plastic wrap and divide into two small round disks.
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours before use.