White chocolate ganache is the perfect filling for cookies or cakes. It’s easy to flavor with extracts or the zest of an orange or lemon.
- Yield: 3/4 cup
- Place coarsely chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour heavy cream over chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes, until chocolate has softened.
- Slowly whisk the mixture until smooth. Whisk in extract and salt at this point.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface of ganache and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- If ganache appears to be too loose to pipe with or fill cookies, place in an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high speed until ganache has thickened. About 1 minute.