Whether eaten in a chocolate cup, a trifle, a buche de noel or a charlotte, you cannot go wrong with white chocolate peppermint mousse. It is the perfect filling for any dessert around the holidays. Get creative - fill pies, cakes, cream puffs, doughnuts or any vessel you can find and enjoy!
- Yield: 4-1/4 cups (14.24 ounces) (8-10 Servings)
- Course: Dessert
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt in the microwave, 40 seconds at a time until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Be careful when doing this as chocolate can burn quickly, particularly white chocolate.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the cream to the white chocolate mixture and the peppermint extract and stir to combine.
- In a larger cold mixing bowl, pour the remaining cream along with the white chocolate cream mixture. Using a whisk or handheld mixer, whip the mixture to smooth but firm peaks. Be careful not to over whip as the mousse can break and have a grainy appearance.
- Fold in the chopped peppermint candy.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set the mousse in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use in the dessert of your choice.